School of Agricultural Sciences
The “Department of Agricultural Sciences”, Career Point University, Kota, Rajasthan has a mission to impart agricultural education for rural and urban students to bring the agricultural prosperity in south-east Rajasthan. This Department is recognized by the University Grant Commission (UGC) through the “UGC Act, 1956”, under section 2(f) and 22(i) and it is spread over 56 acres of productive land with natural fauna and flora.
The aim of the department is to create advancement in education and research with multi dimensional knowledge for our students as well as farming community.
Moreover, the need of “Department of Agricultural Sciences” is highly accredited in the region to excel the good quality of land and natural resources under the guidance of highly qualified faculties. The experienced faculties may explore the theoretical as well as practical knowledge in highly professional manner that can prepare the students to meet the challenges in increasingly competitive world. The Department keeps the students well informed about potential job opportunities and helps them to make prudent decisions for their future careers.
The faculties interact with every student to make them innovative in state-of-art system of education. The smart system of learning enables students to stand in the line of other premiere institutions of the world. Our core aim is to enable the students as Agriculture Scientist to contribute in the share of Indian Food Grain Production and bring Second Green Revolution by our concentrated knowledge.
To cater the diversified need of industry, the school offers a wide range of courses at undergraduate and post-graduate level as follows:
- After 12th Pass/ “A” Level / Equivalent
- After Graduation / Equivalent
- We will educate the students to cater the future need of food security.
- Maintain & enhance our department as per the National & International standards
- We will accelerate the agricultural school activities by adopting “Earning while Learning” through Post Harvest Technology & Hi-tech Horticulture.
- We will enhance our laboratory to deliver high value in the future.
- In the functional area of University, we will start Organic Farming & Bee Keeping at farmers’ level.
- In the future, we will open the outlet in the university to sell the materials produce by our school/students.
- We will educate & develop students to compete at National and International level for job.
- We will also develop research facilities for students to give them exposure with latest Biotechnological & Genetic Engineering Techniques/GM Techniques etc.
AGRICULTURE ACT Agriculture science is approved subject in schedule of Career Point University Act. Collaboration with many industries and research institutions as per ICAR guidelines for RAWE Program
APPROVALS & ACCREDITATION The University is recognized by UGC, Member of Association of Indian Universities, along with due approvals of the regulating bodies CPU University running more than 50 program offered under various schools. University is accredited from National board of Accreditation (NBA).
|Approval of ICAR (Indian Council of Agriculture Research) is not required to any university (including Career Point University, Kota). Refer Annexure – I (Letter No. 10/68/2016/EQR dated 6.7.2017)|
|ICAR has no statutory power to recognize any University or College. Refer Annexure – II (ICAR Letter No. 6-20/2012-A&P (Edn)|
|Government of Andhra Pradesh Order relating with deleting the requirement of accreditation by ICAR (Indian Council of Agriculture Research). Refer Annexure – III (Government of Andhra Pradesh Order G.O. MS. No. 64 dated 27.7.2017)|
|If University and course is recognized with UGC then the student is eligible for admission to M.Sc. in IARI, ICAR through All India Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR. Refer Annexure – IV ( ICAR letter No. 6-23/2012-A&P(Edn)|
|UG Degree in Agriculture and allied subject are professional degree course. Refer Annexure – V (ICAR Letter No Edn/13/1/2016-HRD dated 6.10.2016)|