School of Computer Applications Introduction
The objective of the school is to impart quality education in the field of Computer Applications. The school has modern facilities for teaching, learning and research. The school offers a wide array of research opportunities and programs of study at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It provides a stimulating academic environment encompassing best of modern pedagogy, industry-relevant curriculum, delivered by competent faculty having impressive academic and research credentials. The school has the ideal teaching-learning environment and follows continuous evaluation system.
The curriculum offers a wholesome coverage of technical subjects and specializations in programming, web applications, mobile app development and networking. It is further strengthened with practical, projects and industry training. The courses in Computer Applications, not only aim at conceptual and technical aspects of computer technology and applications, but also focus on the overall development of personality of individual students, to perform successfully across culture and team.
- Well-equipped advanced labs
- Highly qualified faculty with practical experience
- Workshops and Seminars
- Industry Interface programs
- Live Projects
- NSS Activities
- Club and Sports activities
- Career Development programs
Value Added Courses
- Web Development with PHP including WordPress and Woocommerce Framework
- Hybrid Mobile Application Development using with Iconic Framework and Framework 7
- Desktop Application Development using with .Net and MVC Framework
- Java Application Development using with Java Swing and JSP
- Digital Marketing & SEO
- Android Application Development with Android Studio
- Cloud Computing Technologies with AWS
- Open Source Technologies including Python,MySQL and Django Framework
- Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Law and Digital Forensic
- Hardware and Networking
- Computer Multimedia and Animation
- Industrial Visits,Expert Talk and Workshop
- Data Analytics and Data Science
Courses : Computer Application
To cater the diversified need of industry, the school offers a wide range of courses at undergraduate and post-graduate level as follows:
- After 12th Pass/ "A" Level / Equivalent
- After Graduation / Equivalent
- After Post Graduation / Equivalent
- Ph.D. (All Subjects)
Duration: 3 Years
- Ph.D. (All Subjects)
There are immense Job Opportunities in the field of IT in generalized and specialized. The University has strong linkage with IT Companies due to which it is able to organize Placement Drives on a large scale.
- Technical support engineer
- Technical Writer
- Web Designer
- Software Sales Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Server Administrator
- Mobile Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Software Testers
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Commercial & Industrial Designer
- Computer Scientist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Project Leader
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Software Publisher
- Systems Administrator
- Mobile Application Developer
- System Analysts
School of Computer Applications is furnished with well equipped Laboratories.Laboratories are having all the related software those can be used by students and the faculty members for enhancing their knowledge and to go for research work in their related areas. The laboratories consists of state of the art Desktop machines and one electronics lab for Digital designs and to cover of Micro - processing. There is a separate facility for research scholars.
The students are given a thorough exposure of the basic working of a computer through experiments conducted on various digital devices and microprocessors for their concepts.
Besides learning , students are provided with considerable exposure to real life situations by way of case studies and projects. Students work in teams to analyze the problem, plan software development and implement a solution. Students work closely with faculty members and periodically make presentations about the technical work and process issues.
The list of laborateries is given below –
- Data Structures Lab
- Visual Basics Lab
- English Lab
- C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Computer Graphics & Multimedia Lab
- VB.net Lab
- C Language Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- OS Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- Visual Programming Lab with C#
- Unix and Shell Programming Lab
- Advanced Java Lab
- PHP Lab
- Application Development with Android
- Advanced .NET with AJAX and MVC
Research Papers Seminar/Conference/Workshop
- Dr. Chandrakant Sharma, Distributed Computing In Mobile Environment
- Ms. Garima Tyagi, Grid Computing with Service Oriented Architecture Benefits and Opportunities with implementation of Open Grid Service Architecture (OGSA)
- Ms. Garima Tyagi, Implementing TQM in Education: A Strategy to improve quality of education
- Ms. Garima Tyagi, HRIS and strategies
- Garima Tyagi, Akansha Khandelwal, Review Paper on Suitability of Traditional Prototype Model and Spiral Model used for Mobile Application Development Life Cycle
- Garima Tyagi, Deepak Singh,A Study on VoIP over Wireless Network and Choosing the Best and Secure Way of using VoIP
- Garima Tyagi, Exploring the use of Natural Language Processing Tools for implementing the Computer Assisted Language Learning in national Conference held at CPU on 30th April, 16
- Garima Tyagi, An Impact of Emotional Intelligence on the Academic Achievement of the student: A case study on students of Career Point University, International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Management, Vol. 2 Issue 7, July 2017
- Garima Tyagi, Natural Language Processing: Evolution, Methodology, Problems and Applications in Real, International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Management, Volume 3 Issue 8, Aug 2018
- Garima Tyagi, Implementing CALL System using Natural Language Processing Tools, International Conference on Advanced Computing and Software Engineering, 2019
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Participate in the 2 days workshop on ‘Data Analytics in cloud: Storage Network and Sever challenges’ at Suresh Gyan Vihar, University, Jaipur (Raj.)
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Mr. Praveen Kumar Sharma An Architectural Framework of Cloud Computing behind Platform Layer (PaaS), International Journal of Scientific Reserach in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT), Vol.3, Issue 7.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Mr. Praveen Kumar Sharma To Achieve an Unified Intrusion Detection System Based on Artificial Neural Network, International Journal of Scientific Reserach in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT), Vol.3, Issue 7.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Use of Firewall and IDS to Detect and Prevent Network Attacks, International Journal of Technical Research and Science (IJTRS).
- Dr.Abid Hussain, An efficient working of network-based intrusion detection system (NIDS), International Journal for Science and Advance Research in Technology (IJSART), Vol.4, Issue 11.
- Dr.Abid Hussain, Mr. Praveen Kumar Sharma Efficient Working of Signature Based Intrusion Detection Technique in Computer Networks, International Journal of Scientific Reserach in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT), Current Issue.
- Garima Tyagi, Rohit Singh, Dr.Abid Hussain, Applications of Genetic Algorithm in Water Resources management and Optimization in ICACSE-2019 (International Conference on Advanced Computing and Software Engineering), at KNIT, Sultanpur (UP.)
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Dr. Praveen Kumar Sharma A Framework for Real Time Communication on Web Using with WebRTC, International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Vol.7, ISSUE V, May 2019
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Dr. Praveen Kumar Sharma A Novel Framework for Hybrid Mobile Application:Design & Development, International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Vol.7, ISSUE V, May 2019
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Dr. Praveen Kumar Sharma , Deployment of Web Application in LAN based 3 Tier Architecture, International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT), Volume 5, Issue 6, November-December 2019.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Dr. Praveen Kumar Sharma , A systematic approach to detect and prevent cross site scripting attacks (XSS) in website, COMPLIANCE ENGINEERING JOURNAL,Volume 11, Issue 1, JANUARY 2020.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Dr. Praveen Kumar Sharma , Defence Mechanism for Access Management in Cloud Computing, International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT), Volume 6, Issue 1, January-February 2020.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Participated as a Session Chair/Program Chairin the "FICR International Conference on Rising Threats in Expert Applications and Solutions" on 17-19 January 2020
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Ms.Garima Tyagi and Prof. Sheng-Lung-Peng (Editors) of Edited Book "IoT and AI Technologies for Sustainable Living" , published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, FL, USA
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Participated in National Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights and Awareness at JDB Girls College, Kota, Rajasthan, 19 February 2020.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Chaired a session during the 9th International Conference at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Delhi NCR Campus on dated 4th -5th June 2021
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for the 9th International Conference at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Delhi NCR Campus on dated 4th -5th June 2021
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for the 'ICAIES-2021: International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Energy System' organized by ITSR, Jaipur(Raj.)
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for the 'ICPAS-2021: 2nd International Conference on Physics and Applied Science' organized by College of Education, Mustansiriyah University , Baghdad, Iraq
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers entitled 'Generative Adversarial Networks Based Cognitive Feedback Analytics System For Integrated Cyber-Physical System And Industrial IoT Networks' published by Wireless Networks ( The Journal of Mobile Communication, Computation and Information),Springer
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for the International Journal of Information Technology (An Official Journal of Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management), Published by Springer Nature
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for the 1st International Conference on Computational Research and Data Analytics ICCRDA-2020 held on 3rd October 2020 at Punjab Institute of Technology, Rajpura, Punjab, India
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Reviewed Research Papers for The 5th International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering held on 3rd-4th June,2020 at Thu DAU Mot University, Vietnam
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Contributed a Chapter with entitled ‘Area of Cyber Crime and the Victimization of Women: Issues and Challenges’ for the Edited Book of ‘CYBER CRIME AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN: PREVENTIVE MEASURES’ published by Shandilya Publications, New Delhi
- Garima Tyagi, Contributed a Chapter with entitled ‘Role of social media in spreading child abuse and crime:risks and prevention’ for the Edited Book of ‘CYBER CRIME AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN: PREVENTIVE MEASURES’ published by Shandilya Publications, New Delhi
Projects by Students (Development of Websites and Applications)
- 34th YPS All India Digital Salon Of Photography
URL : http://salon.ypsbengaluru.com/
- M Learning & Chat Site
- Oracle Learning Coaching Institute
- Indian Army Report System (Kota Army Zone (Working at LAN System)
- Basant Stationers Inventory System
- GST Billing Software (Online Web based application | Platform : PHP/MySQL)
- Online Shopping (Online Web based application | Platform : PHP/MySQL)
- Content Management System (Online Web based application | Platform : PHP/MySQL)
- Questions.com (Online Web based application | Platform : PHP/MySQL)
- Warehouse Management System (Window based application | Platform : Visual Basic 6.0)
- Win Chat (Window based LAN application | Platform : Visual Basic 6.0)
- Quick wash : Laundry Wash Android APP In Kota - (Available on Play Store)
- A consultancy portal
- An Ecommerce Multi-Vendor Website
- ERP Software APP
- Online Bus Booking Portal
- Online Test System
- Online Auction Website
- ERP System for Business
- B2B ERP System
- RT Rooms (Hotel booking like oyo)
- Black Dog (E commerce Platform)
- Project Name: Leafys - A Website for Free Stunning Images
- Project Name : YouTour - Rest Api
URL : https://youtour-io.herokuapp.com/
- Project Name : Eyecare Solution
- Project Name : DevConenctor
- Project Name : E-commerce website
URL : http://18.104.22.168/
- Project Name : Real Time Chat APP
- Project Name : Online Food Store
URL : http://wp.infosparkles.com/foodstore2/
- Project Name : 20-20 Home Service
URL : https://2-20worldservice.com/about_us.php
- Project Name : Bitcoin and ML Portal
URL : https://alliancefisher.com/
- Project Name : Snapster (Hybrid Mobile Application).
- Project Name : Magnett- Free Dating App 2021
- Rollcoll Website(Govt Project)
Interactive Session with "Successful Start-up founders" (Entrepreneurs in Campus)
This session is based on the experience sharing and provide the knowledge and information about staring a Start-up and the problems faced and solved and also to motivate the students for building their start-ups. During the session Hemant Singh and Sanjeev Suwalka shared their experience that how they got the idea of making a company and how they have started it. They told that in the beginning, each person may face some problems but you should try and try your best.
School of Computer Applications, CPU is organizing Alumni Talk in Saturday Activity. CPU alumni Ms. Kiran Banani and Mr. Dharmendra Nama will share their experiences and guide you about do's and don'ts during your studies...
Online Panel Discussion
School of Computer Applications, Career Point University, Kota has successfully organised the One Day Online Panel Discussion on "Industry 4.0: A New era of manufacturing and industrial practices" on 01st March, 2021. From India and Abroad, Prof. N.N. Jani(Gujrat), Prof. Dhram Singh Jat(Namibia),Dr. Ahmed J. Obaid(Iraq), Dr. Anubha Jain(Jaipur), Dr. NIranjanmurthy M.(Banglore) and Dr. O.P. Rishi(Kota) shared their valuable knowledge about Industry 4.0 and its technologies with live demonstration as a Panelist.
Dr. Niranjanmurthy M. shared some useful knowledge about the Trends in Visualization of Data including its role in Industry 4.0. After that Dr. Aubha Jain explain the Benefits beyond the obvious - How industry 4.0 is shaping apparel industry ?During the discussion, Dr. O.P. Rishi shared useful aspects on the Intelligent systems for/and manufacturing and industrial practice. As a panelist Dr. Ahmed J. Obaid explained defined the role of Artificial Intelligence Systems in Web Environment as a form of industry 4.0. At the end of the session, Prof. Jat has delineated useful knowledge about the 4th Industrial Revolution : Technologies and Applications and Prof. Jain also shared some useful techniques about the IoT 4.0 in Home Automation along with some live demonstrations.
On the dated 2nd June, 2020, An online expert lecturer is organized on Zoom Platform by School of Computer Applications, Career Point University Kota (CPU). This expert lecture organized on " Next Generation Innovation in Augmented and Virtual Reality ". This lecture is delivered by Dr. Niranjanamurthy M , Asst. Prof., Dept. of Computer Applications, MSRIT, Bangalore . During the session Dr. Niranjanamurthy is discussed areas of application in virtual reality, tools and technologies, major players of augmented & virtual reality with various live examples And career possibilities.
On the dated 4th Sept., 2020, An online expert lecturer is organized on Zoom Platform by School of Computer Applications, Career Point University Kota (CPU). This expert lecture organized on " Sentiment Analysis on Social Media using Web Data Mining ". This lecture is delivered by Mr. C.B. Kumbhar, Assistant Professor, .School of Engineering, Ajeenkya D.Y. Patil University Lohegaon, Pune. During the session by Mr. C.B. Kumbhar is discussed Application of Web Data Mining, Tools and Technologies, Major Players of Data Mining & Sentiment Analysis, Sentiment Classification Techniques, Web Analysis Problems with live examples and career possibilities.
School of Computer Applications organized a workshop on “One Day Workshop on Software Testing using Test Tool JIRA and TestRail” for Practical exposure of students towards Testing of Software, Mobile and IoT Application on 4th October 2020 conducted by Mr. Dilip Joshi, Sr. Engineer (Test and Validation-IoT and Embeded),VVDN Technology, Banglore The workshop is covered various aspects in the Software Testing including Fundamental of Testing,Validation,Test Cases and Live Demonstration on Test Tools JIRA and TestRAIL with Career Possibilities and more..
An expert lecture on the topic Open Source Systems and ERP was held on 25th September, 2017, the expert lecture was delivered by Dr. Anubhav Kumar ( HOD (Computer Science and Engineering Department and IT, Sri Sai College of Engineering, Badhani, Pathankot, Panjab. He delivered the information about open source system and also the E-Commerce and E-Governance.
School of Computer Applications organized an expert lecture on “Cloud Computing Security behind Virtualization Layer and use of Big Data”on January 29th , 2018. The esteemed speaker of the lecture was Prof. (Dr.) Dinesh Goyal, Dean Academics, SureshGyanVihar University, who share his tremendous knowledge. Students from BCA, MCA and B. Tech. (C.S.) have attended the lecture. Dr. DineshGoyal spoke on the cloud computing security especially on virtualization, Security Challenges in Virtualization, Virtualization Security Requirements. He also shared useful information about the big data and it's usages in the current technology.
School of Computer Applications organized a Training Session on 23rd February, 18 (10.00 am to 12.00 p.m). The topic of the lecture was “Release the pressure (Stress Management)”. The content of the session based on Stress, its reasons, its affects and how to manage stress and also the acupressure techniques for certain points those can be used to release the stress. Training Session was delivered by JFP RohiniKohli (National Trainer of JCI India) and Dr.JyotiKhatwani(Physiotherapist and Acupressure therapist).
The School of Computer Applications conducted an Expert Lecture on the topic "Steep Jobs- the Future of IT Industry" by Dr. V R Raghuveer Dean Research and Development from “Geetanjali institute of Technical Studies” Udaipur Rajasthan, on 29th August, 16 . Students experienced about the current market job, trending Job Options and the need of Current Engineers in the domain of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
School of Computer Applications has organized Expert Lecture on “Software Architecture” for new trends in software development and requirement of knowing Software Architecture., on 27th January 2017, delivered by Mr. Jitendra Vyas from East China Jiotong University, Nanchang.
The school of computer applications has organized an Expert Lecturer Role of Data Science using with Python. On the dated 6 Oct,18. The lecturer is delivered by the Dr Bhawna Nigam Assistant Professor, DAV Indore(M.P.). Dr Bhawna Nigam said that the usefulness of data science is not only in the computer sector at present and also very useful in health care, financial and business sector. She said that in detail the availability and usefulness of data science in the computer sector.
On the dated 31st Jan,19, An expert lecturer is organized at University Campus on behalf of Computer Science and Engineering Department of Career Point University Kota (CPU). This workshop organized on "Mega Trends in Business Value and Role of Artificial Intelligence, IOT and in Block Chain" was addressed by the Block Chain Advocate and Management Consultant Rajneesh Tandon from Delhi as the Chief Speaker addressed.
On the dated 25th Feb,19, An expert lecturer is organized at Conference Hall by School of Computer Applications, Career Point University Kota (CPU). This expert lecture organized on "Role of Ethical Hacking in Cyber Security". This lecture is delivered by Mr. Saurbh Kumar Pandey, Cyber Security Analyst, Hackdev Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi.
On the dated 19th Oct, 2019, An expert lecturer is organized at Conference Hall by School of Computer Applications, Career Point University Kota (CPU). This expert lecture organized on "Significant Role of IoT in Artificial Intelligence". This lecture is delivered by Mr. Devendra Singh Shekhawat ,IT Consultant (IoT and AI Development), DVS Industrial Hub Technology, Jaipur(Rajasthan). During the session Mr. Devendra is discussed concepts such as IoT Fundamentals, AI Fundamentals in Healthcare, Finance, Agriculture, AI in action, Impact of AI in IoT along with various live examples.
On the dated 18th Oct, 2019, An expert lecturer is organized at Conference Hall by School of Computer Applications, Career Point University Kota (CPU). This expert lecture organized on " Digital Marketing and SEO ". This lecture is delivered by Ms. Kanika Chittora, Student, MCA 3rd Semester. The session is covered various aspects in the Digital Marketing including ocial media , SEO on page and off page, along with the hand on examples on Word Press and html website with Career Possibilities and more...
School of Computer Applications has organised the one day online workshop on 'Web Development using Node JS' on 10 April 2021 at Zoom Platform. Mr. Sanjay Rathore, Software Developer, GIP Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur shared valuable knowledge about Node JS and its relevant technologies for Web Development. He has also shared real time data management using Node JS and MongoDB with live demonstration and also talked about the career possibilities.
- Two day workshop was organized on 17th and 18th November, 17 and main objective behind the workshop was to give knowledge about Networking –
- Networking Description & Fundamental.
- Devices, Protocols, & IP Addressing.
- Routing Terminology.
- Switching Terminology.
- Client & Server Network.
- User, Group &Organisation Unit.
- Home Folder & Logon Script.
- DHCP Server
Two days workshop was organized on 9th & 10th February, 16 and main objective behind the workshop was to give knowledge about paper writing and formatting using Latex.
The school of computer applications has organized a workshop on web development on 22nd April, 16. The workshop was conducted by the developer from Dot Square. The students were benefited about the simple working also with the advance commands and functions required in web development.
School of Computer Applications organized a workshop on “Digital Marketing” for Practical exposure of students towards Recent Uses of Digital marketing in the Global Environment, on 23-24th September, 2016, conducted by Mr. Avinash Tyagi. The candidates equipped with skills apart from a professional degree are more readily absorbed by the industry. So the main objective of the workshop is to provide the knowledge Digital Marketing.
“Technology feeds on itself. It makes more technology possible.” And computer science isthe base of technology. Enhancing this vision of technology, School of Computer Applications organized a two days workshop on “Angular JS” on17 th -18 th April, 2017. Esteemed trainer of the workshop, Mr. Dharamveer Chaudhry provideda practical environment of Angular JS depicting an extraordinarily expressive, easily readableand quick development practice of web applications.
The school of computer applications has organized a workshop on web development with PHP and its framework on 20-21th April, 18. The workshop was conducted by the developer from Saglus Infotech,Kota.
The students were benefited about the simple working also with the advance commands and functions required in web development with PHP and its relevant framework including codeginitor and WordPress.
The school of computer applications has organized a workshop on web development with PHP and its framework on 29-30th Octoberl, 18. The workshop was conducted by the Rajat Goyal,Jaipur. He shared valuable knowledge about the Cloud Computing and its service IaaS. He told to students about the Amazon Web Service(AWS) including various tools and softwares with hands on exercise.
School of Computer Applications organized a workshop on “Cyber Security” for Practical exposure of students towards Recent Uses of Cyber Security in the Global Environment on 16th November 2019, conducted by Mr. Saurabh Kaushal, Cyber Security Expert & Trainer, NITTTR Chandigarh. The workshop is covered various aspects in the Cyber Security including Android Mobile Hacking, Windows Hacking, Dumping SMS, Social Engineering, and Tracking Location, Ransom ware, Phishing with Career Possibilities and more...
School of Computer Applications organized a workshop on “Hybrid Mobile Application Development: Using with React JS” for Practical exposure of students towards Design and Development of Hybrid Mobile Application on 20th November 2019 conducted by Mr. Akash Dhameja, Full Stack Developer, Vedansh Solution,Jaipur. The workshop is covered various aspects in the Hybrid Mobile Application Development including Fundamental of Hybrid and Native Mobile APP, React JS,Radox, Firebase Database, Development, Testing , Deployment with Career Possibilities and more..
National Conference (ATCSMT’15) on the topic “Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Mathematical Techniques” was held on 19th & 20th June, 15. In the conference 245 participants has registered and more than 20 papers were presented. The proceedings were published in International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology.
Industrial Visit is a part of the course, during which students visit companies and get insight regarding the internal working environment of a company and how a company functions, as well as useful information related to the practical aspects of the educational course which cannot be visualized in lectures. During each semester, industrial visits/tours are organized
Industrial visit represents important activities that contribute to the achievement of various essential learning outcomes and programme objectives. It provides an insight on how companies work and also useful information related to the practical aspects of the course which cannot be delivered in lectures. Students were enlightened with the practical exposure.
The industrial visit is considered one of the most tactical methods of teaching. It provides students with an opportunity to learn practically through interaction, working methods and employment practices. Here students gained information about current trends and technologies used.
A team of students of the School of Computer Application Department of Career Point University Kota visited the 95 FM Tadka radio station of Rajasthan magazine and detailed information about this medium of communication world. During the visit, radio station's network engineer's well-known process, giving detailed information about the working of the radio station, clients-radio, radio frequency, wireless modulators and communication hardware and software used in communication.
A team of students of the School of Computer Application Department of Career Point University Kota visited the Tribond Info Systems with IInd and Final Year Students of BCA/MCA. Director Mr. Shiv Mohan Singh and Mr. Sandep Joshi shared knowledge about emerging trends and technologies which would be in high demand in future and suggest students to prepare themselves accordingly and also guide about the job opportunities in current scenario. They tell about Facebook, Android and apple changes their development platforms such as Kotlin, Swift, Xcode, Flutter, Salesforce etc.
A project presentation of Summer Training for BCA 4th Students was conducted at the CP Tower at Daknia Road on behalf of the School of Computer Application in CP Tower. In the project presentation, the students of BCA, BSc (IT) displayed the computer software, websites and applications they prepared during summer training program.
A pre-evaluation of the first phase of technovolution was conducted in the science exhibition at the CP Tower at Daknia Road on behalf of the School of Computer Application in CP Tower. In the pre-assessment program, the students of MCA, BCA, BSc (IT) and PGDCA displayed the computer software, websites and applications they prepared.
Student clubs provide extensive opportunities for students to learn new skills, gain experience, and create community. School of Computer Application is supporting these clubs on behalf of the Career Point University. These clubs offer students the chance to gain experience in their interest areas and network with their peers.The goal of club is to aid in the development of skills and the network to allow students to take computing further. The club is built with the mission to explore new technologies and ideas to develop innovative applications that will meet the requirement of today’s scenario.
To achieve our goal of excellence in the field of technology, we are trying our best to provide base for those zealous and hardworking students so that they can grow, nurture and explore the opportunities, which are lying in front of them.
The main aims of the club are as follows:-
To develop a platform where the technical innovativeness of students could be nurtured and given a practical shape so as to improve the technical abilities of students as well as the reputation of institute as a leader in innovation and creativity.
To enhance the technical innovativeness of our institute students by organizing the workshops and competitions on various technical level in order to attract the interest of the student s towards technical aspects of their education.
Provide a platform where the students can put their innovative efforts and clear their doubts to transform them into reality.
Work on live projects to make the institute high-tech.
Represent our institute by participating at National level Tech-Fest and other technical events all around the nation.
Activities Under Club -
- Invite professionals from various fields (databases, software engineering, project management, etc.) to speak to students
- Organizing technical quiz
- Organizing code war to prepare code warriors
- Invite students to write bogs, develop websites.
- Paper presentation and Poster presentation
- Publishing News letter
Students Personality Development Club
Students Personality Development Club (SPDC) co-ordinates various activities to enhance the students personality and concentrates to make them employable as well as to face the real world with spirit. The SPDC organizes various training programmes to mould their employability skill set. SPDC is strenuously working for the betterment of the students.
Currently, SPDC team works on giving soft skills training and conducting mock interviews for our students. In addition, grammar classes and spoken English classes are also taken by SPDC team, in order to facilitate our students to be master of soft skills. This training helps our students to perform excellently in the real-time interviews.
Main objective of SPDC:
SPDC consolidates all its acumen and energy to mould the youth to become worthy, patriotic citizens and leaders of our great Nation. The students are offered sufficient opportunities and assisted to develop dynamic personalities with the holistic character formation. The students are trained for sufficient exposure to the realities of life, to understand and empathize with the poor and needy so that they would develop progressive talents to reach out to fellow humans with a tender heart and a helping hand.
1. Operation Workout :
The term operation is generally used to describe the whole process whereby the incumbents adjust to or acclimatize to their new roles and environment.
The main objective of the Operation Workout Program is to help existing students adjust and feel comfortable in the new courses, inculcate in them the latest trends and technologies of the computer science, help them build skills with new technology and expose them to a sense of larger purpose and self-exploration.
In other words, it is a well-planned event to educate the students about the tools and technologies in the computer science, and connect them with the people in it.
During the operation workout, the students learn about the latest tools and technologies, project development, and other useful knowledge. It helps to enhance their soft skills that includes presentation skills,, communication skills, They will be able to deal with stage fear
In this event, every student gives a presentation in front of other students. The topic of the presentation is on any latest technology according to their interest. All other students are benefited by gaining knowledge about new trends and techniques in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology; there knowledge is enhanced by involving in the Q&A sessions. This program not only develops the skills of the students but also helps in providing different types of technical information to the students.
2. Induction Program :
When new students enter an institution, they come with diverse thoughts, backgrounds and preparations. It is important to help them adjust to the new environment and inculcate in them the ethos of the institution with a sense of larger purpose.
Its main objective is to make the students feel comfortable in their new environment, open them up, set a healthy daily routine, create bonding in the batch as well as between faculty and students, develop awareness, sensitivity and understanding of the self, people around them, society at large, and nature. The time during the Induction Program is also used to overcome deficiency in English Communication, to add certain soft skills like team work etc.
It’s a one week long induction program for the UG and PG students entering the institution, right at the start. Normal classes start only after the induction program is over. The following are the activities under this Program in which the student would be fully engaged throughout the day for the entire duration of the program.
2.2.1 Physical Activity
This would involve a daily routine of physical activity with games and sports. It would start with all students coming to the field at 6 am for light physical exercise or yoga. There would also be games in the evening. These would help develop team work. Each student should pick one game and learn it for three weeks. There could also be gardening or other suitably designed activity where labour yields fruits from nature.
2.2.2 Creative Arts
Every student would choose one skill related to the arts whether visual arts or performing arts. Examples are painting, sculpture, pottery, music, dance etc. The student would pursue it everyday for the duration of the program. These would allow for creative expression. It would develop a sense of aesthetics and also enhance creativity which would, hopefully, flow into engineering design later.
2.2.3 Universal Human Values
It gets the student to explore oneself and allows one to experience the joy of learning, stand up to peer pressure, take decisions with courage, be aware of relationships with colleagues and supporting staff in the hostel and department, be sensitive to others, etc. Need for character building has been underlined earlier. A module in Universal Human Values provides the base.
Literary activity would encompass reading, writing and possibly, debating, enacting a play etc.
2.2.5 Proficiency Modules
This period can be used to overcome some critical lacunas that students might have, for example, English. These run like crash courses, so when the normal courses start after the induction program, the student has overcome the lacunas substantially. We hope that problems arising due to lack of English skills, wherein students start lagging behind or failing in several subjects, for no fault of theirs, would, hopefully, become a thing of the past.
2.2.6 Lectures by Eminent People
This period can be utilized for lectures by eminent people, say, once a week. It would give the students exposure to people who are socially active or are in public life.
2.2.7 Visits to Local Area
A couple of visits to the landmarks of the city, or a hospital or orphanage could be organized. This would familiarize them with the area as well as expose them to the under privileged.
2.2.8 Familiarization to Dept./Branch & Innovations
The students are told about different method of study compared to coaching that is needed at IITs. They are told about what getting into a branch or department means, what role it plays in society. They are also shown the laboratories, workshops & other facilities in their department.
We are proud to say that we have registered highest & best placement in the region.