About the Course
School of legal Studies and Governance is going to organise certificate course on legal academic Research & writing in collaboration with Arm's Length Legal (ALL). Formed with a vision to cater to ALL Legal needs, Arm's Length Legal (ALL) true to its name is ALL service law firm, catering to domestic as well as international clients. With a special focus on M&A, Private Equity, Real Estate, Education, Intellectual Property, Employment, and Labour Law, licensing and Registration, Taxation (both direct and indirect), competition, criminal, consumer related, and family law.
Objective of the Course
- To develop proficiency in legal research and writing among students
- To develop professional competence among them to improve their employability in the legal industry
- To help them undertake skill based research using diverse tools and technology
- To empower young law students in the field of legal research.
This course is designed to cater to the needs of passionate law students using the best study material and course design. The course comprehensively covers all the important aspects of legal research and writing.
It is sub-structured into two parts: Knowing Legal Research and Writing Exercises
A brief outline of the course is indicated in the section - Course Outline. The Course will be conducted in 6 sessions of one and half hours each over a period of 21 days, with primary focus on practical aspects of legal writing.
The Session will be conducted by experts.Session will be taken twice a week. After every session there will be assignments/writing exercises for the students.
Awards & Prizes:
- Opportunity to publish Blog on ALL’s website
- Paid Internship at ALL
- Certificate on completion of Course
About the Mentors
01 Adv. Ayush Gupta
B.L.S. LL.B., GLC Mumbai LLM, Tata Institute of Social Sciences CS Professional(pur.)
02 Adv. Prakhar Gupta
BA. LLB (Hons), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
Knowing Legal Research
The course is divided into a set of six modules covering the entire gamut of legal research & writing. Each module and writing exercises carries certain credits which will be awarded to the student upon his/her successful completion of the module.
Course Module: Click here
This section covers the writing component that forms the core of this course and which will help students make use of the theoretical knowledge acquired in the aforesaid modules. It is to be noted that this writing section will not be a separate activity and will be conducted simultaneously with the course modules.
- Course Paper
- Precis writing
- Article critique
- Case Summary
- Issues involved Prominent arguments Ratio Judgement Legal Research on contemporary issues
- Presentation followed by submission of Course Paper
Only students of School of Legal studies and Governance can participate. This certificate course is free of cost for Students of School of legal studies and Governance, Kota . The number of seats in this course is limited to 20 students.
Step 1: Student need to fill the registration form in which they required to submit an research paper(1500 words) on one of the following along with a Statement of Purpose (150 words)
- Do live in couple has right to protection, When can court deny them protection
- Whether “mens rea” is a required component for the purpose of sec.138 N.I. act?
- Changing roles of Insurance during the covid-19 pandemic
- Competition Law during the Pandemic and beyond - Challenges and Concern
- Clean and Healthy Environment, Right to International Protection
- Inspite of existence of alternative remedy,when can a writ petition filed before High Court be maintainable
- In suit of Malicious Prosecution , where lies onus of proof ,who is liable
- Can administrator of Whats App group be held criminally liable for the objectionable posts of group members ?
- Liability and role of non signatories in Arbitration
- The general data protection viz a viz International Commercial Arbitration.
Note:- Students also can write papers on other legal topics with prior approval.
Step 2: After receiving the paper, top 20 papers will be selected and they can join the session. In Selection criteria following points will be consider in research paper
- Problem definition and Methodology
- Analysis and Argumentation
- Use of Logical Argumentation
- Maintenance of overall theme or point that gives the project coherence and significance
- Appropriate citation style, layout, use of headings
- Reference listed in bibliography
- Suggestion for law reforms ,direction of future research
Selected Student (Maximum 20) will join the sessions
Fees : Nil
Registration Link : Click Here
- Last date of Registration: 27 June 2021
- Course Start Date: 01 July 2021